Clarksville Paternity Attorney

Kentucky and Tennessee Lawyer for Paternity Actions

Unlike couples who are going through divorce, unmarried parents do not have legal protections to establish shared custody of their child. If you are an unmarried parent, the Law Office of Steven C. Girsky can help you file a paternity action to establish your parental rights. Attorney Steven C. Girsky has more than 20 years of family law experience representing both unmarried mothers and fathers throughout Tennessee and Kentucky.

Handling Cases in Tennessee and Kentucky
Contact the Law Offices of Steven C. Girsky

In Tennessee and most other states, a mother is presumed to have sole custody of a child until a paternity action is filed. Establishing paternity not only protects a father's right to share custody but also gives single mothers the right to seek child support from the father. Working with an experienced attorney is essential to ensure that your parental rights are protected both now and in the future.

Once a child's father is established through a DNA paternity test, attorney Girsky can assist fathers and mothers in working out an equitable parenting plan and financial support obligations that are in the best interests of the child.

Protecting Fathers' Rights

All parents have rights, and gender roles have become increasingly mixed. Unlike in a divorce action, however, unmarried fathers do not have any legal rights to custody until a paternity action is filed. If your child's mother is refusing custody or visitation, or you simply wish to assert your parental rights, contact Clarksville paternity lawyer Steven Girsky to discuss your fathers' rights.

He can also help you investigate possible situations of paternity fraud, wherein you may have been paying child support for a child who is not biologically yours.

Contact Lawyer Steven C. Girsky

The Clarksville Law Office of Steven C. Girsky offers weekly business hours as well as evening, weekend and off-site consultations for clients throughout Tennessee and Kentucky. Payment plans can be arranged and credit cards are accepted. Contact the firm today for a free initial consultation.