International Adoptions

Guidance For Adopting A Child Internationally

Many regulations at the state, national and international levels govern international adoptions. If you are looking to expand your family through international adoption, the assistance of an experienced adoption lawyer is essential to ensure that the process goes as smoothly as possible.

Most children who are adopted from abroad are first adopted within their own countries and then “readopted” once the family returns to the United States. If you have adopted a child overseas, attorney Steven C. Girsky can help you navigate the stateside adoption process. The Law Office of Steven C. Girsky helps prospective parents in Tennessee and Kentucky with all stateside adoption requirements involved in international adoptions.

The International Adoption Process Is Complex

Most international adoptions are accomplished through the use of approved international adoption agencies, which must be licensed through the U.S. Department of State. Either the agency or the parents, or both, complete the adoption in the child’s home country first. Parents must obtain a special immigration visa for their child to bring him or her back to the United States. To finalize the adoption, parents then “readopt” the child according to their own state adoption laws.

As your Clarksville international adoption attorney, Steven Girsky will explain the entire statutory process to you in detail, both before the international adoption takes place and following your child’s return to the U.S. He can then help you with all the documentation necessary to complete the readoption process in your own state.

Attorney Girsky knows that each adoption case is highly unique. Some adoptions happen quickly, while others take more time to ensure that all loose ends are tied up. He will help you understand the timeline involved so you have a realistic expectation about how long it will take to finalize your child’s American-based adoption.

Simplify The International Adoption Process With A Lawyer

If you are interested in overseas adoption or require assistance with the American adoption of your international child, call 931-266-4689 or contact The Law Office of Steven C. Girsky online for a free initial consultation. The firm has weekly business hours, but also provides off-site, evening and weekend appointments. Payment plans can be arranged, and credit cards are accepted.